Home — Privacy Notice
Your trust is important to us.
We want to make sure you understand what personal information we may collect about you when you interact with ShieldZilla Essentials and how we use your personal information, and how we keep it safe.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us via email@example.com.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect when you interact with us via ShieldZilla Essentials’ official FaceBook account or this website includes:
- Information you provide us with, such as
- your name and contact information;
- email communications sent to ShieldZilla Essentials;
- your responses to any surveys that you may choose to participate in.
- information from your visits to this website, including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, URLs clicked on, your IP address and the pages you visited before and after navigating to this website;
- social media tracking pixels that allow platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to interact with this website and give feedback on your actions; and
Personal information we collect when you report a possible side effect associated with one of our products may include information such as your gender, date of birth and information about your health.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information, products and services including:
- online events, such as FaceBook live;
- our press releases;
- product updates;
- tips, helpful information and marketing communications about our products and services. We will always obtain consent for marketing where required by law (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010);
- Contact and interact with you, including to:
- respond to your requests (for instance in case you enquire about our products and services); and
- provide important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies, security alerts and administrative messages.
- Operate our business, including to:
- respond to reports you make of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor the safety of our products.
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and guidance;
- comply with demands or requests made by regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities; and
- investigate and take action against illegal or harmful behaviour of users.
- Improve our day-to-day operations, including:
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to help us deliver and improve our ShieldZilla Essentials’ digital platforms, content and services;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services to understand which parts of our digital platforms and services are of the most interest and to improve the design and content of our platforms; and
- to improve our products and services and our communications to you;
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law (including Personal Data Protection Act 2010) and where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving ShieldZilla Essentials. Otherwise, we keep your personal information:
- for as long as needed to provide you with access to services you have requested;
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
We sometimes share your personal information with others and transfer it internationally
We may share your personal information with:
- the following trusted third parties:
- our agents and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- our professional advisors, auditors and business partners;
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities; and
- other third parties in connection with re-organising all or any part of our business.
Your personal information may be processed by ShieldZilla Essentials, its trusted third party suppliers outside of your home country. Data privacy laws in the countries to which your personal information is transferred may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, when we share your personal information with external suppliers, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the suppliers to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information secure.
The transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection may not be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
Websites that we do not own or control
From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites. If you choose to use those websites, please check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices.
What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information?
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes as set out in the section ‘How do we use your personal information?’ above or that are unable to make use of the services and products offered by us.